Indoor meeting space rental – Monday – Saturday 8 AM – 8 PM (for 1 hr, 90 minutes, 2 hours, 3 hours, or 4 hours)
Fee: Deposit required in advance. A flat fee of $50, the remaining balance is due 7 days prior to the event. Cancellation with less than 48 hr. notice = forfeiture of deposit (unless rain). Rain = reschedule within 30 days or forfeiture of deposit.
Payments accepted: Cash or Check
Agreement of Responsibility:
I agree to abide by any and all rules set by the Ivanhoe Neighborhood Council and within this agreement. I agree that I will be responsible for the conduct of my group, which has been granted the use of the above-identified park, and shall conform to the official rental policies set forth herein, including no use of alcoholic beverages and illicit substances. I further agree to reimburse Ivanhoe Neighborhood Council in full for the fee as agreed upon for the use of a park as well as any and all damage to the park. This includes but is not limited to; the defacing of property, buildings, or structures, or the natural state of the facility or park; failure to fully clean the park, as assessed by the Ivanhoe Neighborhood Council through its agents or employees following my use of the park.
Facility Rental Policies:
- The Renter shall be held responsible for the condition of the park and the conduct of the group using the park.
- Park rental hours are from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm. All parks close at 10:00 pm. Park rentals should end by 9:00 pm to allow for clean-up.
- Additional fee of $50 will apply for access to restrooms or the kitchens if needed, as it will require a staff member to be present on-site during the event.
- Rental does not have restroom access or electrical connections for outdoors.
- The Renter must provide their own materials (For example generators).
- Alcohol sales and consumption are prohibited in all parks, with no exceptions.
- Motor vehicles are not permitted in parks.
- Glass bottles are not permitted in parks.
- Users shall not deface or otherwise mark or damage the shelter, picnic tables, trash containers, trees, or any other park property.
- The Renter shall collect and place trash in the appropriate containers prior to leaving the park.
- The Renter shall carry a copy of the Parks and Recreation Rental/Use Agreement with them during the time of their scheduled event.
- Renters must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to rent the park.
- Appropriate supervision of youth activities is to be provided by the Renter.
- The Renter shall be completely responsible for cleaning the park after the event to the satisfaction of Ivanhoe Neighborhood Council staff.
- Inadequate cleaning shall result in loss of security deposit and/or additional fees for the balance of Department resources used to clean the park.
- Fees for the rental agreement will be agreed upon between Ivanhoe Neighborhood Council staff and the Renter when the rental request is submitted and will be noted on page 1 of the Parks and Recreation Rental/Use Agreement.
- Department staff requests a Security Deposit Fee of $50, in addition to Park Rental Fees, from the Renter for events that require additional Department staff, resources, labor, set-up, or planning.
- Ivanhoe can waive the park rental fee in lieu of community service or volunteering for the organization on a case-by-case basis.
- Any required Security Deposit Fees must be paid at the time the rental request is submitted. All other Park Rental Fees must be paid prior to the scheduled rental date.
- Park rental reservations may be canceled preferably within 48 hours before the event.
- A 100% refund of all fees paid will be granted for cancellations that take place at least ten (10) calendar days prior to the scheduled rental date.
- A 50% refund of the Park Rental Fees will be granted for all cancellations that take place at least three (3) calendar days prior to the scheduled rental date.
- A 100% refund of the Security Deposit Fee shall be refunded for canceled rentals.
- No Park Rental Fees shall be refunded for events canceled less than three (3) calendar days prior to the scheduled rental date.
- 100% of any additional fees charged for Ivanhoe Neighborhood Council support costs, which have not been incurred by the Ivanhoe Neighborhood Council at the time of cancellation, shall be refunded. Any such fees that have already been incurred by the Ivanhoe Neighborhood Council will not be refunded.
- Prior to granting any request for exclusive use of Ivanhoe Neighborhood Council park property, park facilities or park equipment, The Ivanhoe Neighborhood Council may require the Renter to submit a certificate of insurance naming the Ivanhoe Neighborhood Council and such other third parties as may be injured or damaged as additional insured. Coverage levels required are to be established and reviewed periodically by the Ivanhoe Neighborhood Council.
Waiver of Rights to Claims Based on Negligent Acts
This document is an agreement between you, the undersigned, and the Ivanhoe Neighborhood Council. It states that you will hold the Ivanhoe Neighborhood Council and any and all of the named agents or employees entirely harmless and free of liability for any and all negligent acts. You have the opportunity, if you wish, to speak with a representative of the Ivanhoe Neighborhood Council for further explanation of the terms contained herein before signing.
I, the undersigned, hereby agree to relinquish all claims, suits, attorney fees, damages, liability and any and all future rights to the same based on any and all negligent acts of the Ivanhoe Neighborhood Council and any and all of the named agents and/or employees in connection with or incident to myself or my group’s use of any of the Ivanhoe Neighborhood Council park as enumerated on the attached Parks and Recreation Rental/Use Agreement.
I, the undersigned, herby acknowledge and agree that I have carefully read and fully understand the terms of this Waiver of Rights to Claims Based on Negligent Acts, and that I have been afforded an opportunity to request further explanation of the terms of this Wavier of Rights to Claims Based on Negligent Acts with regard to park management. After acknowledging the same, I am now freely and voluntarily signing the Wavier of Rights to Claims Based on Negligent Acts without any alteration of its original, printed, terms.